59th Annual Ohio Gourd Show
THE OHIO GOURD SOCIETY, INC. at the Delaware County Fairgrounds, Delaware, Ohio
Friday, October 7, 2022 – Noon to 5 p.m.
Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Show Theme: “ART is in the HAND of the GOURD HOLDER”
For 2022 OGS SHOWBOOK, click HERE: 2022 Final Show Book with Workshop information version 3
Important Dates and Information:
- Vendors – application due August 15, 2022. vendor application
- Workshops – early registration due September 22, 2022. 2022 Workshop Information AND Registration Form. Workshop update:: Jim Anspach’s Friday afternoon class, #10 Woven Gourd Basket, and Joni Hasselbach’s Friday Afternoon class, #11. Pine Needle Rimmed Bowl Featuring Alcohol Inks, are FULL.
- Gourd Competition – early entry registration due September 22, 2022. 2022 Competitive Classes AND Entry Form
- Awards Dinner Reservations – September 22, 2022. This year, our Awards Dinner will be at a local restaurant, The Warehouse Italian Dinners Restaurant, 1003 U.S. Highway 23 North, Delaware, Ohio, conveniently located outside the gates of the fairgrounds. You will order from the menu and pay your own bill, so no advanced payment is needed. While there is plenty of seating, it will be on a first come, first serve basis – so please send in a reservation form!!! 2022 Dinner Reservations form
2022 Schedule of Events
Friday, October 7
9 a.m. – Noon Workshops
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Gourd entry tags available. Exhibitors may place entries.
12:00 p.m Gourd Show open to the public. Workshops and Vendor sales. Special activities, “make it and take it” gourd crafts.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Workshops
5 p.m. Show closes for the day.
5:15 p.m. OGS Membership Meeting (check OGS website and watch notices at the Show for the location).
Saturday, October 8
9 a.m. Gourd Show open to the public. Workshops and Vendor sales, demonstrations, “make it and take it” crafts.
9 – 11 a.m. Gourd entry tags for competition available. Exhibitors may begin place entries
9 – Noon Workshops
11 a.m. Gourd entries close.
11:30 – 1 p.m. Judging of competitive entries. All, or portions of the exhibit hall may be closed for judging.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m Workshops
5 p.m. Show closes for the day.
6 p.m. Gourd Dinner and Awards.
Sunday, October 9
9 a.m. Christian worship service. All are welcome.
10 a.m. Gourd Show open to the public. Vendor sales, demonstrations, “make it and take it” crafts.
Special “Kids and Family Day” crafts, games and activities.
1 pm – 4 p.m Open demonstration/information exchange. Please check back for updates and schedule.
Sunday, October 9, Kids and Family Day Activities
10:00 am – 4 p.m Gourd crafts; games.
2022 Ohio Gourd Show
Welcome to the Ohio Gourd Show, presented annually at the Delaware County Fairground, located at 236 Pennsylvania Avenue, Delaware, Ohio.
The Show is open to the public with an admission fee of $5.00 per person ($7.00 for the weekend). The admission fee is waived for vendors, exhibitors, volunteers, workshop leaders/participants. Parking is free, and children twelve and under are admitted without charge.
Gourds, gourd art, art and craft supplies, and special programs are featured at the Show. Demonstrations, workshops and presentations throughout the weekend will highlight the world of gourds and gourd art. Themed photo booths will be set up around the area throughout the Show.
2022 Show Theme: “Art is in the Hand of the Gourd Holder”
Art is everywhere! No matter where you look, there is evidence or reminders of artistic wonders. And gourds are no exception! Did you ever wonder what your favorite artist would do with a gourd – or several? Would Degas make a sculpture? Would Pollock cover a gourd in artistically aimed paint splatters? Imagine what Picasso or Dali would do! Now is your chance! Roll up your sleeves, channel your favorite artist, grab a gourd and create a wonderful piece of art yourself!
NOTE: The Show Chairperson, with the consent of two other OGS Officers, may waive one or more of the Vendor regulations when it is in the best interest of OGS and visitors to the Ohio Gourd Show. Vendors not meeting exhibit requirements may be requested to contribute an additional 5% donation (total 15%) of total sales as determined by the Show Committee.
- Requests for vendor space (outdoors or indoors) may be addressed to Gordon Smith, Assistant Treasurer, 8420 New Harrison-Bradford Rd., Bradford, OH 45308 (937-447-2845). Applications are due by August 15. vendor application Table rental is $10 per table to be paid with the application.
- In general, only exhibitors are permitted to sell items at the Show. Only one indoor sales location is allowed per qualified vendor. In order to sell at the Ohio Gourd Show, you must secure an Ohio Sales Permit (vendor’s license) and properly exhibit eight (8) entries.
- All vendors are required to contribute 10% of gross sales (minimum donation of $25 and maximum donation capped at $400) to the OHIO GOURD SOCIETY, INC. This donation helps offset show expenses. Please remit donations to the Treasurer at the close of the show, or send donations to Ohio Gourd Society, Inc., Attn: Judy Litzenberg, 6863 Tucker Road, Centerburg, OH 43011. Vendors not meeting exhibit requirements will be requested to contribute an additional 5% donation (total 15%) of total sales as determined by the Show Committee.
- Vendors must be available for sales throughout the Show hours. Early departure is prohibited and may impact invitation to future Shows.
- Each qualifying vendor shall receive an assignment of sales space, and all sales are to be conducted within that space.
- Vendors may sell gourds, gourd craft, gourd tools, gourd-related books and gourd accessory materials/embellishments. Dried flowers, Indian corn, and natural decorative items, suitable for embellishing gourds, may also be sold. No squash, pumpkins (except jack-be-little or miniature), or potted plants, except those in gourd containers, are allowed.
- Vendors of fresh and dried gourds must be the growers.
2022 Ohio Gourd Show Committee
President – Nelson Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Publicity – Suzanne Rothhaar, 419-562-0170
Workshops – Nelson Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Entries – John Martin, 937-446-2174
Judging – Karen and John Martin, 937-446-2174
Staging – Karen and John Martin, 937-446-2174
Vendors – Gordon Smith, 937-447-2845
Dinner – Judy Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Demonstrations – Celia Roberts, 937-692-6122
Souvenirs – Suzanne Rothhaar, 419-562-0170
Volunteers – Linda Rose, 740-965-8772