60th Annual Ohio Gourd Show
THE OHIO GOURD SOCIETY, INC. at the Delaware County Fairgrounds, 236 Pennsylvania Avenue, Delaware, Ohio
Friday, October 6, 2023 – Noon to 5 p.m.
Saturday, October 7, 2023 – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, October 8, 2023 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Show Theme: “Gourdians of the Galaxy”
For 2023 OGS SHOWBOOK with vendor information, click HERE: 2023 Show Book updated with vendor information
Important Dates and Information:
- Vendors – application due August 15, 2023. Click here for application: vendor application
- Workshops – early registration due September 22, 2023. Click here for 2023 Workshops updated and 2023 Workshop Registration Form. Workshops #3 and #6 are full as of Sept 18, 2023.
- Gourd Competition – early entry registration due September 22, 2023. Click here for 2023 Competitive Classes and 2023 Competitive Entry Form
- Awards Dinner Reservation Form – seating reservation due September 22, 2023. Dinner is Saturday, October 7, 2023 at 6 p.m., Old Bag of Nails, 66 N. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH, Private Room – (attendees will order from limited menu). Click here for 2023 Gourd Dinner Reservation
2023 Schedule of Events
Friday, October 6
9 a.m. – Noon Workshops
9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Gourd entry tags available. Exhibitors may place entries.
12:00 p.m Gourd Show open to the public. Workshops and Vendor sales. Special activities, “make it and take it” gourd crafts.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Workshops
5 p.m. Show closes for the day.
5:15 p.m. OGS Membership Meeting (check OGS website and watch notices at the Show for the location).
Saturday, October 7
9 a.m. Gourd Show open to the public. Workshops and Vendor sales, demonstrations, “make it and take it” crafts.
9 – 11 a.m. Gourd entry tags for competition available. Exhibitors may begin place entries
9 – Noon Workshops
11 a.m. Gourd entries close.
11:30 – 1 p.m. Judging of competitive entries. All, or portions of the exhibit hall may be closed for judging.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m Workshops
5 p.m. Show closes for the day.
6 p.m. Gourd Dinner and Awards.
Sunday, October 8
10 a.m. Gourd Show open to the public. Vendor sales, demonstrations, “make it and take it” crafts.
4 p.m. Show Closes for the Year.
2023 Ohio Gourd Show
The Ohio Gourd Show, presented annually at the Delaware County Fairground, located at 236 Pennsylvania Avenue, Delaware, Ohio.
Admission and parking are free!!
Gourds, gourd art, art and craft supplies, and special programs are featured at the Show. Demonstrations, workshops and presentations throughout the weekend will highlight the world of gourds and gourd art.
NOTE: The Show Chairperson, with the consent of two other OGS Officers, may waive one or more of the Vendor regulations when it is in the best interest of OGS and visitors to the Ohio Gourd Show. Vendors not meeting exhibit requirements may be requested to contribute an additional 5% donation (total 15%) of total sales as determined by the Show Committee.
- Requests for vendor space (outdoors or indoors) may be addressed to Vikkie Mustad, 1606 Alexander Road, Galena, OH 43021, email@example.com, 740-215-3516. Applications are due by August 15. Table rental is $10 per table to be paid with the application.
- In general, only exhibitors are permitted to sell items at the Show. Only one indoor sales location is allowed per qualified vendor. In order to sell at the Ohio Gourd Show, you must secure an Ohio Sales Permit (vendor’s license) and properly exhibit eight (8) entries.
- All vendors are required to contribute 10% of gross sales (minimum donation of $25 and maximum donation capped at $400) to the OHIO GOURD SOCIETY, INC. This donation helps offset show expenses. Please remit donations to the Treasurer at the close of the show, or send donations to Ohio Gourd Society, Inc., Attn: Judy Litzenberg, 6863 Tucker Road, Centerburg, OH 43011. Vendors not meeting exhibit requirements will be requested to contribute an additional 5% donation (total 15%) of total sales as determined by the Show Committee.
- Vendors must be available for sales throughout the Show hours. Early departure is prohibited and may impact invitation to future Shows.
- Each qualifying vendor shall receive an assignment of sales space, and all sales are to be conducted within that space.
- Vendors may sell gourds, gourd craft, gourd tools, gourd-related books and gourd accessory materials/embellishments. Dried flowers, Indian corn, and natural decorative items, suitable for embellishing gourds, may also be sold. No squash, pumpkins (except jack-be-little or miniature), or potted plants, except those in gourd containers, are allowed.
- Vendors of fresh and dried gourds must be the growers.
2023 Ohio Gourd Show Committee
President – Nelson Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Publicity – Suzanne Rothhaar, 419-562-0170
Workshops – Nelson Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Entries – John Martin, 937-446-2174
Judging – Karen and John Martin, 937-446-2174
Vendors – Vikkie Mustad, 740-215-3516
Dinner – Judy Litzenberg, 740-501-7918
Demonstrations – Suzanne Rothhaar, 419-562-0170
Souvenirs – Suzanne Rothhaar, 419-562-0170
Volunteers – Linda Rose, 740-965-8772