Make new friends
Expand your network
Boost your social skills
Free entry to Gourd Show
When it comes to volunteering, passion and positivity are the only requirements……
We need your help at this year’s Gourd Show. We would like commitments in four hour segments either morning or afternoon, however, if you can only spare an hour we will be grateful.
I heard a quote that I thought was fitting for all of us.
“The happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.”
This explains why you are so happy when you volunteer.
Linda Rose, Membership Secretary & Volunteer Coordinator
Available Volunteer Job Openings
- Judge Coordinator
- Class sales and registration
- Ticket and wristband sales
- Security at entrances
- Help with “make it and take it” for children activity
- Doing demonstrations of a gourd skill
- Help set up Silent Auction, and watch table, sell buy it now items if needed
- Donate to Silent Auction
- Sell souvenirs at souvenir table
- Pass out fliers to advertise Show (August & September)
- Sit at membership table, share information about OGS, ask people to join or renew
- Hospitality corner, meet & greet and replenish supplies
Volunteer to start Gourd Patch in your area
Volunteer to display your Gourd art in a library (August & September)
Volunteer to be on telephone/email committee
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE ON THE BOARD
Assistant Show Chair
Let me know what interests you and how much time you have available to volunteer
and I will match you up with one of our needs.